Jen Ryan's Caravan Schoolhouse
TRAVEL WITH ME
The list of boxes I ticked as I built the Schoolhouse:
» about life
» about learning
» creative focus
» lots of giveaways
» cheap/free courses
- April: decison making
- June: writing
An old concept for new times … a collective of like minded people ‘on THE highway’.
June is Tune It Up Month
My Education life
- For decades, I was one of those dedicated educators.
- During a census I was clocked at doing ‘work stuff’ for 85 hours in that week.
I didn’t have to. I chose to.
- Choosing to retire from full time teaching was a difficult decision.
- But, to tell the truth, the only thing I’ve missed is the ‘kids’.
- Didn’t miss the paperwork. oh! NO!
- Didn’t miss the endless meetings, nor PLAY GROUND DUTY!
Choosing can cause unexpected results
The Caravan Schoolhouse is a consequence of many decisions.
My Decision Desk Then
After retirement, without the structures that had been a habit for decades, I knew I needed something to do. That’s how my Decision Desk came into existence.
Now, My Decision Desk process
Using sayings, mottos, and sage advice that any coach would be proud of, I created a huge bank of easily accessible advice. Achieving goals gets easier each time I use them.
3 Things I DECIDED to DO
taught my ‘tutoring students’ to use specific skills to improve how they worked in the classroom
wrote a book, Stepping Up, A Guidebook for Aspiring Leaders.
created posters, worksheets and Ebooks to support my tutoring business
- Have your eyes on the prize. Rephrased as ‘know what you want and make decisions that can make dreams true’.
- Only look backward to check you’re still on the right track. Meaning, changes in philosophy and direction must be supported by actions; if specific goals are to be achieved.
- Be nice. In other words, don’t play games, value the people around you. Especially those supporting and guiding you – even when the lessons are difficult.
About The Van Resources
- I have personally created, or selected, all the resources
- I have used most of the resources as teacher, tutor, coach or mentor
- I have an innovative and creative approach to teaching. And, they really work.
Coming Soon to the Van in June
- Free Ebooks focusing on English and grammar skills
- Details of Free workshops and lessons
- Details of upcoming workshops and training sessions
- Special discount offers, either 20% or 50% off
COMING SOON! My latest courses in TUNE UP IN JUNE -writing style.
A Quickie: 5 email lessons. And an online Advanced Course
Become a curator of your own thoughts
Not sure where to start. Contact Me. We can look at your options. Freebies as well as paid workshops an courses.
join a mailing list
Discovery Coast, Qld +61-7-49747810
BUY A BOOK
Granny Jen is Missing, children's book. Celebrates rural Australia.
VIEW SOME ART
An emerging artist, means I'm eclectic. Big Yes here.
This is a real reflection of how emerged I am. This really shows life as a tapestry of surprises and inspiration.